For a family-owned modern dairy farm in southwest Ontario, we are asking applications from an experienced Dairy Farm worker or an enthusiast dairy farm couple, that are enthusiast and eager to learn.
This modern dairy has approx. 350 high productive dairy cows with additional young stock. Milking is done in a 40 stands rotary parlor.
They also do some cash cropping and field work, except spraying and combining, is done by themselves with own machinery. Therefor, experienced in operating farm equipment is necessary.
Your duties are to assist with the day-to-day activities on the modern dairy farm and include but are not limited to:
- Milking in an internal 40 stands rotary parlor
- Perform or assist in breeding activities. Being able to perform artificial insemination is an asset.
- Detect disease and health problems in livestock
- Perform hoof trimming
- Care for calves and young stock
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Assist with field work.
- Being able to maintain and do (minor) repairs on farm equipment is an asset.
- Maintaining barns and farmyard
This is a full-time position and salary will depend on experience but will be at least $ 4,000.00 per month. You will have monthly payments.
Hours can be flexible. You will have every other weekend off.
Housing is available for you and your dependent family members after a 3-month probation period and
after you receive a permanent job offer.
Languages spoken are English and Dutch.
Qualified candidates should send their detailed resume and a cover letter in which they explain
why they should be considered for this position.
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.