For a family run bison farm in western Manitoba, we are looking for a Herdsman with experience with bison or beef cattle.
There herd exists of approx. 360 head of bison and they farm approx. 5,000 acres.
Due to the nature of the job, you must by physical fit and able to lift up to 100lbs and that you are experienced with low stress techniques to handle bison.
It’s fulltime employment and your duties will be among others but not limited to:
- Feed and tend to bison
- Implement pasture and pen breeding programs
- Follow safety and bio-security procedures
- Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- Remove bison with low stress techniques
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Select bison for sale
- Operate farm machinery and equipment
- Maintain bison pens
- Perform general farm duties
- May supervise general farm workers.
- It’s an asset if you:
- Are experienced with operating farm equipment
- Are able to carry out maintenance and minor repairs on farm equipment
- Have your Class 1 drivers licence
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates may be required to be flexible with their hours of work.
Salary depends on experience.
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.