Experienced Dairy Farm workers wanted for a modern dairy farm just southwest of Winnipeg.
This family-owned modern dairy farm has approx. 1500 high productive cows with additional young stock on two locations and is looking for experienced dairy farm workers.
The Dairy Farm Worker will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day activities on the dairy farm and the duties will include but not limited to:
- Feed and tend dairy cows and young livestock
- Perform milking in an external rotary parlour as well as in a double 19 swing over parlour
- Detect cows in heath
- Perform or assist in performing breeding activities
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Assist with field work, including seeding and harvest
- Detect disease and health problems in livestock
- Perform hoof trimming
- Care for calves and young stock
We love to hear form you if you:
- Are experienced with the daily care for dairy cows, including milking and hoof trimming
- Are experienced with operating maintaining farm equipment, incl. mowing and harvesting of alfalfa and corn silage
- It is a pre if you have experience with external rotary parlour milk system or a swing over parlour;
- Be able to work independent as well as part of a team
- Be able to communicate in the English language.
This is a fulltime position.
Salary will depend on experience but will be at least $ 16.70 per hour, biweekly payments.
You will be free on Sundays unless you are scheduled for the milk shift.
Qualified candidates should send their detailed resume and a cover letter in which they explain why they should be considered for this position.
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.