A family-owned construction company in southwest Manitoba is looking for an experienced Carpenter who can lead a team, can work unsupervised and can read blueprints.
The construction company is specialized in residential, commercial and farm building. Besides the full building process, they also provide home planning, custom framing, concrete forming, interior and exterior finishing.
Reporting to the company owner, the Lead Carpenter is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities in regard to construction and the maintenance of construction sites. You can work independently, as well as part of a team to reach specific goals.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading your team, while working with and alongside them
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements;
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools;
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials;
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems;
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware;
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in agricultural, industrial and other establishments;
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers;
- Operate company vehicles and trailers in a clean and safe manner and ensure equipment and loads in company vehicles and trailers are safely secured for transportation;
- Support customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries.
This is a fulltime permanent position. Payment depends on experience. Group benefits as well as company sponsored profit share offered.
This is a regulated position and the ideal candidate should be eligible for Manitoba trade certification.
Qualified candidates should send their detailed resume and a cover letter in which they explain why they should be considered for this position.
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.